Monday, January 2, 2012

Taj Mahal



A good friend of mine, JX, sent me this postcard from her trip to India. She works as a flight attendant, thus, she gets to travel all over the world and send me amazing postcards like this. ^___^ This is the first postcard she ever sent me and it's one of my favorites. 
The Taj Mahal is a white Marble mausoleum located in AgraIndia. It was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal. The Taj Mahal is widely recognized as "the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage."[3] (Wikipedia)

India is one of the places I plan on visiting someday. The country is rich with culture and traditions and I would really love to see them for myself. Let's hope that someday becomes someday soon. 
Namaste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment